School bells are ringing.
Pumpkin spice lattes are being poured.
And now, tonight the final sign of fall is here: Football is finally back 🙌
I couldn’t be more excited to welcome another season of football and all the amazing opportunities to bake some tasty #GameDayEats!
First on to the field of game day eats, is an ode to one of the most eccentric wide receivers the league has ever seen, Terrell Owens. Getcha popcorn ready, this is a tasty treat that slices up like a pizza and will surely leave your crowd happy!
Popcorn and Salted Caramel Giant Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 brown sugar
- 1/4 granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 pkg vanilla pudding powder
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 yolk
- 1 1/2 cups milk chocolate chocolate chips
Caramel Ganache Topping
- 30 Kraft caramels
- 4 tbsp whipping cream
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp sea salt
Chocolate & Caramel Popcorn
- 1 bag of unsalted popcorn, popped
- 1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 15 Kraft caramels
Assembling the Giant Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350* and line the bottom of a 9inch round pan with parchment paper and spray sides.
- Mix butter and sugars until smooth. Stir in eggs until combined.
- In separate bowl whisk flour, pudding mix, and baking soda. Gradually pour flour mixture into butter, sugar and egg mixture. Fold in chocolate chips and combine until dough forms.
- Press cookie dough into pan. Bake for 25 minutes.
- While the cookie is baking you can prep the popcorn for the top of the cookie. Spread the popcorn on wax paper. Melt caramels in bowl by placing in the microwave on high for 30 seconds increments until fully melted. Pour over half the popcorn. Melt chocolate in the microwave (45 seconds) and pour over the popcorn. Let cool.
- Once the cookie is out of the oven, remove from pan and let cool on a wire rack.
- Begin preparing the Caramel ganache by placing the caramels in a microwave safe bowl and pouring the whipping cream over. Microwave in 30 second increments until melted. Pour melted caramel in the center of the cookie and spread to the edges. Frame the edges of the caramel by sticking the chocolate and caramel popcorn. Melt chocolate and drizzle over caramel. Sprinkle with sea salt. Let cool and set.