In my little world, the best part of the Easter weekend is overindulging in Mini-Eggs and justifying it as the reason for the season! It is the one weekend of the year that you can add candy coated chocolate to anything and it is completely socially accepted and well let’s face it, celebrated! For this holiday weekend, I took an old favourite and gave a seasonally appropriate Mini-Egg makeover! Hope you all have a Hoppy Easter filled with chocolate and love.
Mini-Egg Chocolate Dipped Waffle Cookies
- Recipe for waffle cookies here
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2/3 cup chopped Mini-Eggs
Assembling the Waffle Cookies
- Heat waffle iron and spray with non-stick spray.
- Follow the instructions for assembling waffle cookie dough here.
- Once cookies have been removed from waffle iron and are cooling, melt chocolate and butter on a double boiler. Dip the edge of the cookies into the chocolate and immediately sprinkle with chopped Mini-Eggs.
- Let the cookie and chocolate fully cool.