Happy Super Bowl Sunday (or as I like to refer to it this year, the night we finally find out how Jack dies on This Is Us)!
Let’s face it, throwing a party celebrating the biggest game and biggest food indulgence of the year is a lot of prep! Between slow cooker chilli, surgically precise layering of nacho toppings, and perfectly chilled beer there’s a lot to do – and no one has even thought of sweets! Have no fear, I’m throwing you a super quick and easy Hail Mary pass to ensure you’ve got the sweet vs savoury game covered. Whip these up during an early TV timeout and they’ll be ready for sweet snacks before JT hits the stage!
Jack Daniel’s Caramel & Beer Nut Bark
- 1 cup beer nuts
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate
- 1 tbsp butter
- 10-12 caramel squares
- 2 shots Jack Daniel’s whiskey
Assembling the Bark
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roughly chop beer nuts. Set aside.
- In a double boiler melt chocolate and butter. Spread melted chocolate and evenly over cookie sheet. Do not spread chocolate too thin.
- Sprinkle half the chopped beer nuts over chocolate.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt caramel squares. Once melted stir in whiskey until combined. Drizzle caramel over chocolate and scatter remaining beer nuts.
- Place in fridge to set (30-60mins).