This holiday season, instead of baking up a storm, I took the holidays off. I stepped away from the kitchen, unplugged and reset! It was exactly what I needed, don’t ever be afraid to step back and then come back stronger! Now, let’s get one thing right, I am VERY excited to be back crating in the kitchen! For my return debut I thought it would be the perfect time to share my favourite recipe for healthy, New Years approved granola bars! The best part? You can literally add whatever you want to these and they will still be perfect!
Almond Raspberry Granola Bars
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 cups oats
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 2 tbsp chai seeds
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chip
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
Assembling the Bars
- Preheat oven to 350*. Line 9X13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mash bananas. Add in all other ingredients and stir until combined.
- Transfer mixture to baking pan and press evenly into pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, remove from oven and press granola bars down with spatula. Bake for an additional 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Once cooled, cut into long bars.