There are two things I know for certain.
- No matter how long a life is, it is always too short.
- Melting ice cream has healing powers.
Life is short, so eat the ice cream as it melts. That’s all there is to it.
Mini Ice Cream Cakes
- 1 pkg Dunkin Donuts Mocha Oreos (or regular Oreos), crushed
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 tub ice cream, softened, flavour of your choice (I used Chapman’s Chocolate Ripple)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
Assembling the Ice Cream Cakes
- Preheat oven to 350* and line 4-inch spring form pans with parchment paper.
- Mix crushed Oreos and melted butter in a bowl until Oreo pieces begin to stick together. Bake for 5 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- Spread generous amount of Nutella over Oreo crust to cover completely. Freeze for 1 hour.
- Spoon ice cream over Nutella layer to fill the remainder of the spring form pan. Freeze for 1-2 hours. Pack ice cream down in each pan to create room for ganache layer.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, melt chocolate chips with whipping cream until ganache forms (about 1-2 minutes).
- Spoon a thin later of ganache on ice cream and sprinkle remaining Oreos on top. Freeze for 4-6 hours.