It’s Super Bowl Sunday! Once of the most bittersweet days of the year for football fans. It is the ‘big dance’, but tomorrow we will wake up facing day one of a six month football drought. And thus tonight we devour the sports lovers version of the last supper.
While stars of the Super Bowl Sunday last supper are chili, pizza, nachos and slow cooker pulled pork, the beloved dessert often gets the pass. But this year, I’m putting an end to the skipping of dessert at the expense of a food coma. So here’s the Hail Mary of your Super Bowl Sunday last supper, may the team you dislike least win!
Churros Waffle Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
Assembling the Churros
- Turn on waffle iron to medium heat and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a mixer cream together butter and sugars. Gradually add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix in flour and baking soda until a soft dough forms.
- Roll dough into 1inch balls and 4 balls, 1 in each quarter of the waffle iron. Bake for 5-8 minutes until golden. The waffle cookies will be soft but once removed from the iron will crisp up. Remove from iron and place on wire rack to cool.
- Once cooled dip each cookie into butter and cover in cinnamon and sugar mixture. Let dry.