With Valentine’s Day (my favourite holiday) quickly approaching I’d like to declare my love for cereal!
I love cereal of all shapes, sizes and nutritional levels. I love how you have to eat Shreddies as quick as possible before they go soggy and how Mini Wheats barely fit on your spoon. I love how puffed wheat tastes like nothing and how Cheerios comes out with a new flavour each season. I could eat cereal every meal of every day.
As we all know cereal does not have the greatest rep for nutritional value… or proper portion control. I went on a mission to create a yummy cereal with protein! I made these and seperated them into 6 servings that is packed with 11 grams protein, 5 grams of fibre and 15 net carbs for 183 calories per serving! The perfect treat when you’re sweating for the wedding and crave cereal!
Protein Cocoa Puffs
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 buckwheat flour
- 1 scoop BioSteel Chocolate protein powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, soft
- 1/2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 2-3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp almond butter
Assembling the Cocoa Puffs
- Preheat oven to 375*. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixer, combine all dry ingredients. Add in wet ingredients and mix until dough forms.
- Roll pieces of dough into small balls, the size of a blueberry. There should be around 120 balls.
- Bake for 16 minutes. Let cool. Separate into 6 servings. Store in airtight containers or bags.