Alright everyone, the wedding is officially just over 8 months away! With the 8 months marker hitting and the New Year, New You mentality still fresh in everyone’s mind I wanted to share the best recipe for a weekend morning smoothie bowl!
Now smoothies in general can be loaded with sugar and no protein, which is exactly what we do not want! The key to this smoothie bowl is to find a low carb protein isolate that will slowly release, keeping us full for longer. The tricky thing is, the no sugar, low carb protein powders can taste atrocious, but I’ve done my taste testing and I recommend either RIVALUS Promasil Isolate (120 calories, 24g protein, 3 carbs, 1g sugar) or my new favourite BioSteel Protein Isolate (110 calories, 24g protein, 1 carb, 0 sugar).
Whether you go with RIVALUS, or BioSteel or your own favourite protein, this is the perfect bowl to indulge in after your weekend morning workout! #SweatingForTheWedding has never tasted so good! Make 2017 your best year ever, happy sweating!
BioSteel Chocolate & Banana Protein
- 1 frozen bananas
- 1/2 cups of almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 scoop of BioSteel chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 tbsp cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chai seeds
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1/2 tbsp chai seeds
- 1/2 flax seeds
- 4 almonds, raw
- 4 blueberries
Assembling the Smoothie Bowl:
- In a blender, mix together frozen banana, almond milk, protein powder, cocoa powder, peanut butter, and chai seeds. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and sprinkle various toppings.