It’s National Brownie Day! I had every intention of posting the perfect recipe for the perfect brownies, but then real life happened.
I don’t own a toaster. I don’t know why, but I don’t. I toast my bread in the oven at 550*, extremely dangerous I know! So the other day when I making toast for breakfast for dinner, I was also mixing up brownies. I took out the toast and put in the brownies. I did not, however, turn down the over to 350*. I also did not notice I was baking my brownies at 550*. About ten minutes later I realized it and immediately pulled the completely baked and puffed up brownies! They were not what I had envision (I guess that’s what you get when you broil brownies)!
I debated tossing them – I wasn’t going to serve puffy cake like brownies. And then it hit me Brownie truffles! I turned my baking fail into a brand new go-to holiday recipe!
Salted Caramel Brownie Truffles
- 3/4 semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- 2 cups dark chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp butter
- 12 caramels
- 2 tbsp whipping cream
- Coarse sea salt
Assembling the Truffles
- Preheat oven to 350*. Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt chocolate and butter. Remove from heat and pour into bowl. Stir in sugar until combined. Let cool to room temperature.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Gradually stir in flour. Pour into pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Crumble the brownies. Pour in caramel sauce and mix together.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Freeze.
- Once frozen the Brownie balls can be chocolate dipped. Melt chocolate and butter. Dip each ball, completely covering it in chocolate. Transfer the chocolate dipped ball to parchment paper to set.
- Once the chocolate has set you can add the caramel and sea salt. In a saucepan add caramels and whipping cream and heat on medium until melted. Using a spoon drizzle the caramel onto each of the truffles and top with sea salt. Place truffles in the fridge to set!