It’s chocolate and eggnog together as a mini cupcake… tic tac toe! Do I really need to say anything more? Happy day 7, bakers!
Chocolate Eggnog Cupcakes
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups fine granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup Eggnog
- 1 cup butter
- 3 tbsp shortening
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, melted but cooled to room temperature
- 3-4 tbsp egg nog
- 4-5 cups of icing sugar
Assembling the cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350* and line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Mix together eggs, sugar, vegetable oil and Eggnog.
- In seperate bowl, mix together baking powder, cocoa, baking soda and flour. Gradually add to the wet mixture. Stir until completely smooth.
- Pour 1/4-1/3 cup of batter into each cupcake liner. Bake for 18 minutes. Remove let cool completely.
- To make the frosting, beat butter until fluffy. Add in shortening and beat until combined.
- Once melted chocolate has reached room temperature mix into butter and shortening. Gradually mix in icing sugar, alternating with Eggnog.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes and garnish with sprinkles, if desired.