Getting through the holidays is all about balance.
Some days you need to drink more water, some days you need to eat more vegetables. And some days you need to eat a chewy ginger molasses cookie that is two times the size of your hand. I’ve got a recipe for those days; treat yo self!
Chewy Ginger Molasses Cookies
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup Molasses
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
Assembling the Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350* and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixer, combine margarine and sugar until smooth. Add egg and molasses, mix until smooth.
- Gradually add flour and spices. Mix until dough forms.
- Divide dough into 12 giant balls. Roll in sugar. Flatten until dough is 4 -5 inches in diameter.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit on pan for 5 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.