Yesterday I talked all about how cookies are the reason for the season. Milk and cookies are the classic pair stealing the scene during the holidays, but I think it’s time to give them an adult upgrade: Baileys! Hey Christmas, I see your milk and cookies and I raise you Baileys and Snickerdoodles!
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 tbsp Baileys
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Baileys
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp cinnamon
Assembling the Snickerdoodles
- In a mixer, combine butter and sugar until fluffy. Add in eggs one at a time. Mix in Baileys.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together flour, cream of tartar, and baking soda. Gradually mix into wet mixture until dough forms.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat over to 350* and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough balls and dip into Baileys and then coat in sugar and cinnamon mixture. Slightly flatten the balls. Bake for 10 minutes. Move to wire rack and let cool.