Well it’s up. It’s November 15 and my tree is up. The lights and strung, the ornaments are glistening in the reflection of the light and the glitter has successfully grinded into my carpet for another season.
Now I know what you’re thinking – “It’s only November 14! Why oh why, the horror”. Well you know what, it’s been a trying year and it’s about time we all start to celebrate a little!
We need a little Christmas!
Let’s all celebrate a little bit more this year, spend a little bit more time with the ones we love and let’s tell them how we love them a little bit more each day from now until the New Year. And in between all that if you find a little bit of time, make this super easy, celebration worthy peanut butter brownie in a pie pan.
Peanut Butter & Hershey’s Chocolate Brownie
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened Hershey’s cocoa powder
- 1/2 all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s ChipIt chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1/3 cup peanut butter, melted
Assembling the brownies
- Preheat oven to 350*. Spray a 9inch round pie plate or cake pan with non-stick spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar, cocoa powder, flour and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs lightly with oil and buttermilk. Gradually add in dry ingredients. Stir until fully combined.
- Fold in chopped peanut butter cups and chocolate chips. Pour batter into pan.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt peanut butter. Pour melted peanut butter over brownie batter and swirl with knife.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Let cool completely.