We are officially less than 11 months away from my dear friend’s wedding! I have officially been asked to be a bridesmaid and I couldn’t be more motivated to be the best version of me standing up for her on September 9,2017!
Constantly eating healthy and working out is exhausting and amazing all in one. I’m finding myself doing more meal prep to avoid major rush arounds in the mornings and evenings. One of my favourite go-tos in the morning before a workout is the famous Kelly’s Bake ShoppeWorld Peace Cookies from their drool-inducing Made With Love cookbook. These ‘cookies’ are loaded with different seeds, oats and my personal favourite coconut! The recipe is easily adaptable to best suit your preference for add ins (I shifted the recipe around to add protein powder for an extra boost before my workout). So make up a couple batches, refrigerate and grab one as you head to your morning workout or even as a healthier way to crush your sweet tooth cravings!
Protein World Peace Cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 6 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries (or dried fruit of your choice)
Assembling the Cookies
- Preheat over to 350*. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, combine outs, flour, sugar, seeds, coconut, ground flax seed, cinnamon, baking soda and xanthan gum.
- In a seperate bowl, combine molasses, oil, and coconut milk. Stir into dry mixture until combined. Fold in dried fruit and chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon form cookie mixture into balls. Slightly flatten each cookie with the back of the spoon.
- Bake for 14 minutes. Let cool.