And just like that it is October! It seems like yesterday I was figuring out a list of all the things I wanted to do this summer. It feels like last week we were still on lakefront patios hiding from the hot summer heat. But October is here and with it comes family Thanksgiving dinners, Halloween, and then before the blink of an eye we will be taking down the Christmas tree and ringing in the New Year!
If you’re anything like me, the crisp autumn air is a reminder of all the things you need to do, accomplish, become before 2017. Hang back a minute though, before you go crazy with you lists of things to do and your Thanksgiving table settings, take a silent morning to enjoy the freshness of the new month, the new season; it’ll be gone before you know it! Kind of like what Ferris Bueller said, “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss… the Pumpkin Pie Macadamia Nut Biscotti!”
Pumpkin Pie Macadamia Nut Biscotti
- 1/2 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp pumpkin spice
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chopped Macadamia nuts
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Assembling the Biscotti
- Preheat oven to 350*. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixer, lightly beat eggs and pumpkin purée. Add in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, sugar, baking powder and pumpkin spice. Gradually add into wet mixture. Stir in nuts.
- On a lightly floured surface, shape dough into one 16 inch long x 5 inch wide rectangle.
- Place dough onto parchment paper and bake for 24 minutes. Remove from oven, reduce heat to 350* and let dough cool for 10 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife cut dough into 1 inch thick Biscotti. Place each cookie on its side. Bake for 8 minutes. Flip cookies and bake for 8 more minutes. Remove and let cool.
- Melt white chocolate and drizzle over cooled Biscotti.