Well the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio are officially underway!
While everyone is striving for gold in Brazil, I’ve got the recipe that is guaranteed to finish top of the podium in your own kitchen.
Nutella Stuffed Cookies
- 8 tablespoons Nutella
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips or chunks
Assembling the Cookies
- Line a cookie sheet with parchament paper and spoon tablespoons of Nutella on paper. Freeze.
- Combine butter and sugars until smooth. Add egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add flour, corn starch and baking soda.
- Mix in chocolate chips/chunks.
- Take 3 tablespoons of dough and flatten. Place frozen Nutella ball in center and wrap dough around completely. Continue until all 8 balls are covered in dough.
- Chill dough balls in fridge for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 350. Place dough balls on parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool on wire rack.