NYC is spectacular. You’ve got: the Statue of Liberty, Central Park, Fifth Avenue, the bright lights of Times Square and the chic boutiques of SoHo. And one of the greatest spectacles of NYC: The Schmackery.
On my latest trip to NYC, I threw my diet out the plane window and stumbled across the quaint little bakery. My girlfriends and I, armed with 2L of wine, followed the hypnotizing scent of cinnamon and sugar. The whole bakery was filled with oversized cookies of every flavour: peanut butter and chocolate, birthday cake, triple chocolate, and the Snickerdoodle.
After one bite, I decided there is nothing I want to recreate more than this chewy, butter and subtly sweet Snickerdoodle. Within a New York minute, between three girls, the cookie was gone and I was on a mission. It just so happened my mission to recreate the cookie was met with 40*C weather, so I did what any kid with free reins would do to cool off – I added icecream!
Check out the recipe for the ultimate Snickerdoodle Icecream Sammies, you won’t be disappointed.
Snickerdoodle Icecream Sammies
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 16 tbsp butter, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 tbsp cinnamon
- Your favourite icecream
Assembling the Snickerdoodle Sammies
- Cream together butter and sugar. Mix vanilla and eggs, one at a time.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar and baking soda.
- Gradually stir flour mixture until combined. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400*F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Stir together granulated sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Roll dough into inch balls and coat in sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Place dough balls on sheet and flatten slightly with a spoon.
- Bake for 9 minutes. Let cool.
- Once cookies have cooled, put icecream in between two cookies creating a sandwich.