Do you ever have one of those weeks when you seem to spend more time day-dreaming than working? Wishing you were anywhere but where you are?
It was one of those weeks for me, and seemingly for everyone else I asked.
Some wanted to be donning flower crowns dancing at Coachella, some want to be at home with their dog. Some wished they were at Kobe’s last game, or in the crowd at round one of the Stanley Cup Playoffs.
For me, I’ve been day-dreaming of the salt sea coasts of Malta. I’ll fully admit before my friend departed a week ago on her trip to Malta I’d never even heard of it. Now Malta, it’s golden coast lines, beautiful architecture and blue shining skies is all I can think of!
And when I thought I couldn’t fall in love with this country anymore, I discovered Malta is synonymous with my favourite sunshine flavour lemon! Fresh lemons are abundant in Malta and a staple in the Maltese diet (someone send me there already!). I mean I could not not get inspired by lemons and day dreams.
So if you’re stuck somewhere day dreaming of sunshine coasts, citrus trees, chilled wine and zero worries, I’ve got a recipe guaranteed to take you on the day dream of your dreams!
Double Lemon Blueberry Loaf
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 3-4 tbsp lemon juice
Assembling the Loaf
- Preheat oven to 350*. Spray mini-loaf pans (6×3) with non-stick spray.
- In a mixer, combine eggs and sour cream. Add sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add oil, lemon juice and zest.
- Gradually add flour and baking soda.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Pour batter evenly into pans. Bake for 30 mins. Let cool.
- Mix icing sugar and lemon juice until glaze forms. Pour glaze over lemon loafs. Let set.