“I carry your heart (I carry it in my heart)” – e.e Cummings
Valentine’s Day is one of my favourite days of the year. Who does not love the opportunity to dedicate an entire day to letting the ones you love know exactly how much they are loved?
Yesterday was Valentine’s Day. I had every intention of posting a lovey dovey tale about how I am loved and how much I love those close to me. Yesterday I did not post it because yesterday turned into one of the most heart breaking days of my life so far. Yesterday we said goodbye to one of my oldest forever friends. He was 26. You’re not suppose to lose people you love when they are 26.
I wanted to post this not to tell a sad sorry because my friend would have absolutely hated that. I am posting this to remind you that our time here is not infinite and it is our duty, our only duty in life, to live a life we are proud of. Tell people you love them. Love yourself. Don’t worry about yesterday or tomorrow, just take a minute and figure out how to make yourself happy and those around you happy. Be the kind of person that makes people forever happy to be where they are; be the kind of person who makes everyone around you a better, kinder, gentler soul. That’s exactly how my friend lived his life, we are all better people because we were blessed enough to know him. Everyday from yesterday until forever I’ll carry his heart, I’ll carry it in my heart.
Deep Dish Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup white and milk chocolate chips, optional for drizzle.
Assembling the cookies
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease muffin tin or heart shaped muffin tin.
- Mix butter and sugar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla, mix to combine.
- Stir in cornstarch and baking soda. Gradually add flour. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Press dough into tins, filling half full. Bake for 12 minutes. Once cooled melt 1/4 cup chocolate for drizzle.