Happy Super Bowl Sunday!
Super Bowl Sunday is a bittersweet day; it is the biggest game of the season, yet it is the end of the season. The 2015-2016 NFL season was filled with rare and utterly impressive win streaks from Carolina on the one end to missed opportunities and complete breakdowns at the other end of the spectrum. Albeit my Saints were far from the top of the class this year, the 2015-2016 season did not fail to entertain.
One of the highlights of the season that had nothing to do with the play of the game was Cam Newton’s dab. This cocky, slight irritating yet smirk worthy gesture is exactly what the NFL is all about and I love it. Cam Newton is an undeniable talent with an unapologetic ego. He has things to prove and he has all the ability to do so. He has led his team on a victorious journey thus far and is poised to ‘dab’ his way past Peyton Manning’s Broncos.
And all though it slightly breaks my ‘Roll Tide’ heart, I hope Cam Newton takes it all tonight.
Enjoy this chocolate covered ode to the dab.
Cam Newton’s Dab Chow
- 1 box Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 box brownie mix
- Sprinkles, optional
Assembling the Chow
- Pour cereal into large plastic bag. I used a garbage bag.
- In a bowl, melt chocolate and peanut butter. Let cool to room temperature.
- Pour melted chocolate and peanut butter into the bag of cereal and shake the bag to coat.
- Once cereal is coated in chocolate and peanut butter, pour in sprinkles and brownie mix. Shake bag to coat.
- Pour chow onto wax paper to dry.
- Store in airtight container in freezer.