One of my best friends just got out of a long term relationship; I am struggling to find a relationship with what seems to be an ongoing broken heart. We’ve both dabbled our feet back into the dating world and, like anything, it comes with super high highs and rock bottom lows.
He is better at taking the highs and cushioning for the lows. I get lost in the clouds and never brace myself for the falls.
A couple weeks ago, I called him with all my frustrations. His answer was short and sweet “You’re not missing out on him. Sure what you’re feeling right now may suck today, but in the long run you’re better off without”.
There’s something about your best guy friend telling you that you’re going to be okay that makes you actually believe you’re going to be more than ok.
When I hung up the phone, my phone flashed with a message, “Don’t let the world get you down. You’re better than them all, just like the banana bread”.
Heart Shaped Banana Bread
Yields 5 – 6 heart shaped muffins
- 1 egg
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tbsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, optional
Assembling the Banana Bread Hearts
- Preheat oven to 350*. Grease a heart shaped muffin pan or normal muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat egg. Add mashed banana and Greek yogurt.
- Stir in brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Gradually add flour and baking soda.
- Divide batter evenly into pan. Sprink chocolate chips, if desired. Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool.