Let’s get one thing straight when it comes to perfect couples Peanut Butter and Chocolate have it on lockdown. I’m a hopeless romantic, as you can tell from the fact that I just called PB and chocolate an item. In a world of Tinder nightmares and ghosted relationships it is sometimes hard to believe there is a perfect, forever match for each and every one of us. It’s exhausting; all the swiping right or left, the small talk, the letting down easy, the building it up. And then all of a sudden it clicks, it isn’t work; it’s fun and exciting and makes you feel like you were eating plain chocolate all along and then someone gave you a peanut butter cup!
With Valentine’s Day (one of my favourite holidays) just around the corner I know finding the perfect match is on almost all of our single-people minds. If you’re lucky enough to have found your peanut butter, I wish you all the love. And if you’re still searching…Happy dating, keep your heads up, the peanut butter to your chocolate is out there.
Peanut Butter Cup Fudge
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1 cup dark chocolate chips
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus 1/4 cup for drizzle
1 1/2 cans sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup peanut butter, melted
Assembling the Fudge:
- Line a 9×13 pan with parchment paper. Line the bottom of the pan with peanut butter cups (approx. 15).
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk. Stir until melted.
- Pour chocolate over the peanut butter cups in pan. Smooth the chocolate.
- Chop the remaining peanut butter cups and put on top of the chocolate.
- Melt the peanut butter and additional chocolate chips and drizzle over the layer of chopped peanut butter cups.
- Cover and chill in fridge. Once chilled cut into small squares.