#tbt to Cookie Dough Chocolate Cupcakes.
These decadent, cookie dough coma inducing cupcakes were inspired by someone pretty special *blush,blush*
In an attempt to wow a Mr.Wonderful, knowing his favourite dessert was anything cookie dough, I combined recipes and comprised the ultimate cupcake for cookie dough lovers across the world.
He devoured the cupcake while we drank black coffee, making plans for me opening a bakery and figuring out wild combinations of cupcakes, cookies, and squares. His eyes lit up with every bite of the cupcake, and he said my eyes lit up with every plan of my icing-sugar-chocolate-chip-covered future.
And while perhaps Mr.Wonderful didn’t turn out to be so wonderful, I’ll always have our cookie dough memories.
Cookie Dough Chocolate Cupcakes
Yields 16 cupcakes
Use your favourite recipe for Chocolate Cupcakes (I use Sally’s Baking Addiction Classic Chocolate Cupcake – with one adjustment: I ALWAYS put a package of instant pudding in my cupcakes)
Cookie Dough Centers
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 3-4 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 cups powdered icing sugar
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding
Cookie Dough Ball on Top
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
The Assembling of the Cookie Dough Chocolate Cupcake:
- Preheat oven to 350*F and line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners.
- Fill each cupcake tin 1/2 way and add frozen cookie dough ball (see recipe below).
Cookie Dough Center
- Combine butter and sugars until smooth and fluffy.
- Stir in eggs one at a time, followed by vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking soda.
- Slowly add flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Roll into cookie dough balls and freeze for 30 minutes. Once the cookie dough has frozen place one cookie dough ball into the chocolate cupcake batter.
Bake at 350*F for 17-18 minutes.
- Blend butter and vegetable shortening at high speed until fluffy and light (Butter will take on a lighter colour when whipped to perfection)
- Add in pudding and powdered icing sugar 1 cup at a time. Alternating with table spoons of heavy cream.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcake.
Cookie Dough Ball on Top
- Blend butter and sugars until smooth.
- Add heavy cream and vanilla.
- Slowly mix in flour.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Roll cookie dough into balls. Place on top of the frosting.