Finally, this weekend was the first hot weekend in nearly 10 months! With the promise of summer officially just around the corner (and my birthday), I got the sweet reminder of how magical summer nights are. The sun sets deep into the night, the smiles on friend’s faces are brighter and the stresses of the world seem to fade into the humidity. The world need s’more summer nights, so here’s a treat to match the magic of the season of sunshine, freckles, and late nights.
- 2 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 4-5 graham crackers, broken
- 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 1/2 solid milk chocolate bars (I used Jersey Milk)
Assembling the Bark:
- Place all semi-sweet chocolate chips into slow cooker on high. Allow chocolate to melt, typically 7-15 minutes.
- Once chocolate is melted, pour melted chocolate into a 9X13 pan lined with parchment paper.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the white chocolate in 30 second intervals until it is melted. Once melted, add spoonfuls of the white chocolate to the semi-sweet chocolate. Using a knife swirl the white and semi-sweet chocolate together.
- Sprinkle graham crackers onto chocolate and then add marshmallows on top.
- Place in the oven on broil for 2 minutes or until marshmallows are slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and add chocolate bar pieces to the top.
- Let set at room temperature for 2-3 hours. Break into pieces.